Astra Year in Review 2022: Great Milestones, Greater Expansion!
Astra is listing on major exchanges on January 16, 2023!
What a phenomenal year it was for Astra.
2022 was not a happening year for the entire crypto landscape, but Astra expanded regardless. Countless AMAs, podcasts, interviews & featured on renowned media publications, remarkable partnerships, global recognition, community expansion, successful token sale, and one goal — bringing Safety & Trust to Web3.
We sincerely thank our community for making this possible with their support through all the highs and lows.
This year’s feats have paved the road for all our upcoming endeavors. Before we press on into 2023, let’s take an aerial view of all the Astra 2022 accomplishments!
Starting the year with the Astra Protocol compliance hub launch in the Sandbox Metaverse, Astra made headlines on all the major business & finance news portals like Yahoo Finance and others. With our continued efforts, expansion, and recognition, Astra also achieved various other feats:
- Astra closed a successful round of fundraising round (oversubscribed by more than 9x) from big players in crypto and DeFi. Names include Republic Crypto, Huobi Ventures, Richard Dai, LD Capital, Fundamental Labs, Faculty Capital, Shima Capital, Formless Capital, Delta Blockchain Fund, GDA Capital, ThreeD Capital, Magic Fund, Hyperedge Capital, Argo Blockchain, & others.
- Yahoo Finance featured Astra’s $9 Million fundraising.
- The Astra team attended the Satellite Social Dubai, WOW World Of Web3 Summit,
- Our CTO & CIO, Sakhib Waseem, represented Astra at AIBC Summit Dubai, UAE.
With continued hacks and failures, the industry realized the need for compliance in crypto. The discourse of regulation in crypto kept Astra in constant limelight for its compliance technology and solutions. Astra also attracted attention for its efforts to strengthen our legal experts’ team. Some of the significant accomplishments of this period included:
- Astra Protocol onboards Mick Mulvaney as Strategic Advisor!
- Renowned media outlets Bloomberg and Coindesk reported on Ex-White House Chief of Staff to former President Donald Trump, Mick Mulvaney, joining Astra Protocol as a strategic adviser.
- The Wall Street Journal covered Kirstjen Nielsen, who headed the Department of Homeland Security from 2017 to 2019, joining Astra as a Strategic Advisor.
- Sakhib Waseem explained Astra’s role in the Web3 ecosystem.
- Featuring Astra Protocol smart features, Bitcoinist.com highlighted why the space needs regulation and Astra in specific.
- Republic invested in Astra’s Series A Round.
- Astra was highlighted as the pioneer in bringing regulation and legal practices to Web3 in the BeInCrypto article release.
- Amidst the constant and continued market meltdowns, NewsBTC.com covered the need for a decentralized compliance layer for the Web3 economy, highlighting Astra Protocol.
Strengthening our existing connections with legal experts, the Astra team sat with various regulatory departments worldwide to discuss bringing the best crypto regulations to Web3. Our efforts were followed by major Web2 platforms joining Astra on the journey to bring safety to Web3. Some of the most significant accomplishments include:
- Our CTO & CIO, Sakhib Waseem, had a strategic meeting with the Head of the Advisory Board, Phil Hogan, and the Mayor of Lisbon, Carlos Moedas, to discuss how Lisbon is leading as a tech hub for innovative Web3 start-ups while emphasizing the importance of regulation in this industry through projects like Astra Protocol.
- Republic Crypto shared Project Overview for Astra, explaining the unique dynamics of the Astra ecosystem and how we plan to catalyze DeFi mass adoption.
- Astra forms Significant Partnerships Despite Market Challenges- wrote Yahoo Finance as Astra teams up with two premier developers in Limechain and Concise Software.
- Astra and KPMG, a leading global audit and accounting firm, formed a strategic alliance to support Astra in completing KYC & AML for Astra’s Decentralized Legal Network.
- Yahoo Finance featured the incredible Astra & KPMG partnership while emphasizing Astra’s vision.
- Astranaut, the Astra Ambassador Program was launched.
Following the back-to-back achievements and global recognition, the Astra team took another significant step with the Astra Protocol $ASTRA Token sale. We received enormous amounts of participation with the fastest-filling slots. The key highlights of the quarter remained:
- The Astra team launched the New Astra Website with a brand-new look, solutions, products, information & more!
- The Astra team attended the World Blockchain Summit Dubai and made new connections while strengthening trust with all.
- A new collaboration with Republic and TokenSoft for the Astra Protocol $ASTRA Token Sale.
- Dan Stein, Editor at Hackernoon, and Sakhib Waseem had a detailed discussion on regulatory compliance for the Web3 space through some interesting Q&A on Astra’s DLN, $ASTRA token utility, and more.
- Yahoo Finance released a detailed article highlighting the need for Astra amidst the FTX debacle!
- Smartereum writes about Astra Protocol providing “the Perfect Compliance Solution Without Sacrificing User Anonymity”.
- Bloomberg Crypto invited our Strategic Advisor, Mick Mulvaney, the Former White House Chief of Staff, to discuss the role of Astra’s KYC & AML solution in shaping the future of DeFi & crypto regulations.
- Astra Protocol in 528K+ Watchlists on CoinMarketCap!
- Credefi Finance partners with Astra Protocol on KYC and AML processes!
- Released Astra Protocol development highlights.
- Coin Culture features Astra Protocol while emphasizing how Astra equips the crypto industry with KYC & compliance processes to combat money laundering in the most Web3-friendly way!
- Astra provided KYC services to Tokensoft Launchpad!
- Sakhib Waseem explains Astra Protocol’s role in the future growth of the crypto industry at Cypher Capital Group.
Furthermore, on our way to spread safety awareness in Web3, Sakhib Waseem attended various Twitter Spaces sessions to share insights into regulation and Astra with the world:
- Astra x PolkaBridge
- Astra x Crypto Talkz
- Astra x PolkaBridge Twitter Spaces session
- Astra x Crypto Miners Community
- Astra x Crypto Stalkers
- Mario Nawfal FTX Saga Twitter Spaces session
- Mick Mulvaney and Sakhib Waseem joined another FTX Saga Twitter Spaces session by Mario Nawfal.
And that is how we wrapped 2022, a highly instrumental year to Astra’s success and ecosystem growth. Marching into 2023 with even more ambition, Astra is set to optimize opportunities efficiently to make DeFi and Web3 safer.
Astra Protocol, $ASTRA, is listing on major exchanges on January 16th, 2023. Stay tuned to never miss an update on the same!
Astra Protocol is the next generation of compliance, a decentralized KYC Platform for Web3. Our application brings the financial regulatory standards for 155+ countries and over 300 sanctions and watchlists to the crypto industry — without sacrificing anonymization. Our Globally patented technology includes a new professional service layer called the Decentralized Legal Network (DLN), bringing major legal and audit companies on-chain. Our simple plug-in technology ensures crypto remains compliant with AML and KYC standards determined by society.
Astra’s mission is to provide a range of regulatory compliance tools for crypto applications, ensuring that financial compliance standards can be met across the Web3 industry.
Astra: KYC for Web3
Join Astra on: Telegram group | Announcements | Twitter | Website | Medium